When it comes to network security, it is easy for small to medium sized businesses to say “not me”, “they are only after the big guys.” The reality is that attacks on all networks have been increasing year after year as hackers have become more sophisticated, and small businesses are being affected every day by relaxed or non-existent security policies.
A 2013 study showed that 1 in every 5 small businesses networks would be compromised. With the ever-increasing technological advances, it is likely that since then, these numbers have climbed, posing a significant risk for a potential breach, lost or stolen data, or some type of malicious threat.
There are a number of ways UNETEC helps to ensure that you are at minimum risk:
- Server Setups and Upgrade – Replace or upgrade current server to get the most our of available server technology today.
- Server and Network Monitoring & Maintenance – Protect your investment and maximize uptime with our monitoring and maintenance packages.
- Updates – Keeping computers and network equipment updated is one of the most effective steps to preventing a possible network security issue.
- VPN and Remote Access – Establish fast, secure, reliable access to resources for employees on the go. VPN and remote access solutions include access on mobile devices.
- Wifi and Network Security – Use the right firewall hardware and security practices to keep your data and network safe from intrusion and network viruses.
- Firewall – A common mistake in small to medium business networks is the lack of a business grade firewall solution. Often business owners are unaware of the difference between having a network router and having a network firewall in place.
- Passwords – Password and password protection are proving to be an area that needs attention when discussing network security. Using sophisticated software and tools, hackers are easily gaining access to small business networks through simple or default passwords
- Antivirus/Antispam – Most people know that antivirus and antispam software are necessary components of network security, but many people don’t realize why its so important until their computer or network is infected with a virus, malware, spyware, or a host of other potentially dangerous issues.
No matter the size of your business, network security is a definite requirement for every business in the digital age. If you are worried or unsure of where to start with an internal security audit, our team can help get you on track.